Stay Sharp

Thursday, June 25, 2009

---On the road again---


Heading out on the road again, won't be home between June 27 - July 6.

Contact me on (if you have to!) : nishitaka@hotmail.com


















By the way, just bought today the Steve McCurry's latest masterpiece. For you who already know about him have seen some of the images in his new book before. But there are enough new stuff too keep your jaw dropped while/and rushing to the nearest travel agent to hit the less beaten path on a shoestring once again. That is how I feel every time I see his photographs. He is for me the most inspiring photographers living today. You either do it or you don't in my world view, McCurry is doing it...


Steve McCurry - The unguarded Moment





Photos from his new book




4 comments:

Max Gibson said...

Hey I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I've been enjoying your blog. You do a great job of covering interesting and compelling topics, while relating your thoughts and ideas.

Your writing style is lighthearted but incredibly thoughtful which really engages the reader and makes for fun reading within each post.

I also really like the design of the site. You're color scheme and layout really add to the overall feel of the site. Keep up the great work. You're an inspiration.

Max Gibson
wineandbowties.com

-Straight Edge Photography- said...

Tanks for those words Max. With a little DIY luck and being at the right place at the right moment (that's what it always come down to isn't it?) I will be able to get the mwcp photography really flying in a near future. Thanks for checking my stuff out, nice to know that it's not only for myself.

M

Tommi said...

Damn mate you got some real nice pictures and I also love the stories behind em. Very interesting.

Also the real special moments you capture in your photographs are stunning.

I must say I really love the lil gunslinging monk in this blog entry right here.
Very bizarre.
Thank you for the impressions.

Best wishes,
Tommi

-Straight Edge Photography- said...

Hi Tommi

Thanks for those words. I wish you knew how much that means for me to hear that I am totally out on thin ice. Photography is a pretty simple yet fine tuned craft that need all the attention you can give to make it happen the right way. I am still working on it of course. Always new shit to see and do, the world never sleeps. Hey, I understand that you live in Berlin and that you are into Metal as well. Cool, I love Berlin, used to stay there quite alot before I moved to Japan. Lived at this friends place on Linien Strasse. Metal is a huge part of my life and I have always loved all kinds of creative music and for me metal makes total sense. Lifts up the the reality at least in my life, nice energy all the way.

Take it easy and I wish you the best with what ever you set your mind into.

Later

Mattias

BTW, the images above is from the guru, Mr Steve McCurry's new photo book. Love his style and have this as a role model when I' shooting as well.