Stay Sharp

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Trash Zone





-HC gig Teaser-


Check FLJ (FilthxLibertinexJustice) next issue, #32


































Check FLJ (FilthxLibertinexJustice) next issue, #32


Some sample shots from the trash zone. FLJ will have more of the band photos in the upcoming issue. If you want to get the shot you have to be there, and by that I mean be where you should, in the middle of the mayhem, closest to where the action is. Doesn't this go for more or less every thing you shoot as photographer. Robert Capa mentioned it as an obvious thing when asked how to get the best out of a scene. Shoot as wide as you can, have an understanding of what you need and what you want from the whole scene. It may not be appealing for all, but hopefully the guy who assigned you to cover whatever it may be (if for a client) did so because he likes the way you portray the scene, the music in this case. I felt I had total freedom to do my thing here and even if some rather close calls in terms of totally fucking up my gear I got what I set out to get. Glad I don't shoot hardcore gigs everyday though. These guys have their own way of getting things done at their gigs. I love the mood and total chaos at any real HardCore show.

Huge thanx for not smashing my camera to bits: CREEPOUT, SCARFACE, FIGHT IT OUT, DOGGY HOODS, SAND, SUBURBAN SCUM, NUMB, VEHEMENT SERENADE 

No comments: